Please Download and fill out the Child Information sheet and email to completed form back to Amy Galloway at email@example.com.
First Baptist Church of Smithfield, NC seeks to minister to and with families of young children (birth-fifth grade) as part of its total ministry. Through a variety of learning opportunities, we seek to cultivate a love of God as we gather to worship, study scripture, build relationships, equip disciples and serve others by word and deed.
Worship @ 8:45 and 10:55
- Children of any age are welcome and encouraged to worship with us!!
- Child Care is provided for birth – Kindergarten
- Children’s Sermons are a part of each worship service.
Sunday School (Bible Study) birth – adult @ 9:45 AM
- Build relationships with other families through study, fellowship and support.
- Preschool Choir – ages 3-K meets 6:15-6:45 PM
- Children’s Choir – grades 1-5 meets 6:15-6:45 PM
- Mission Friends – ages 3-K meets 6:45 – 7:30 PM
- Children in Action – grades 1-5 meets 6:45-7:30 PM
- Mission Friends and Children in Action are mission programs sponsored by Women’s Missionary Union that help children learn about missions, give to missions, pray for missions and do missions locally, nationally and internationally. Loving God is expressed by sharing His love with others and helping to meet the needs of people everywhere.
Samples of Opportunities Throughout the Year:
- Family Fun Outings (recreational, seasonal and spontaneous fellowships)
- “Journey to the Cross” (or similar emphasis for Lent, Easter)
- “Operation In As Much” – community outreach ministry
- Vacation Bible School (summer, ages 3-5th grade)
- Summer SLAM – weekly program of music, skits, games and Bible skills for grades 1-5
- Summer JAM – music, Mission Friends and activities for preschoolers, 3-K
- Welcome to Worship- (aka- “Parenting in the Pew”) encouragement for parents of preschoolers-1st & 2nd graders joining us for worship. Training for children and their parents/caregivers.
- Camp Willow Run – weekend retreat for grades 3-5
- Fall Festival & Trunk or Treat
- Thanksgiving Family Service
- Advent Family Activities to anticipate the coming Savior
- Happy Birthday, Jesus! party
- Christmas pageant
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service